White King Bleach is a bleach product that comes in either 1 litre or 2 litre bottles, is manufactured by Pental Products Pty Ltd and its main use is for mopping floors or washing whites in a washing machine. It has been classified as a hazardous substance due to the fact it contains Sodium Hypochlorite and Sodium Hydroxide, and extreme care should be taken when handling.
White King Bleach has some serious consequences if it comes into contact with your eyes, skin or if ingested such as causing serious eye damage and skin irritation, it is also classified as harmful if swallowed.
When using White King Bleach apply engineering and personal protective equipment risk controls from the hierarchy of controls to avoid injuries. An engineering control to apply is to always ensure you are in a well-ventilated area, this will help to avoid inhalation. In addition to this you can implement the use of personal protective equipment such as wearing gloves of an impervious material which can be purchased at your local Bunnings Warehouse, and if using in large quantities wear safety goggles. It is also best to wear appropriate clothing that covers your arms to avoid it coming into contact with your skin. Once you have finished with your White King Bleach always wash your hands immediately, and dispose of any gloves you may have been wearing for protection.
If bleach gets into your eyes immediately hold the eyes open and wash with fresh running water, and consult a doctor. If bleach comes into contact with your skin, remove contaminated clothing and wash skin thoroughly with soap and running water. If you accidentally ingest the bleach obtain immediate medical attention.
If you need further information on White King Bleach consult the safety data sheet from the manufacturer’s website http://www.pental.com.au/msds/
Written by Phillip Pavlidis