Presentations from researchers from The Netherlands- Roos Schelvis

Roos Schelvis (Health Psychologist)

Bottom-up innovation in vocational education: design and process lessons

The aim of the Bottom-up Innovation project is to increase vitality and decrease need for recovery in teachers of two Dutch vocational schools, by implementing a participatory, primary preventive and organizational level occupational health intervention. The design of the project as well as some results of the implementation process will be discussed.

“Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of mental illness” stated American psychotherapist Richard Carlson. Set aside the bluntness of the statement I found some truth in it. In my work as a research scientist at the Netherlands Organisation for Applied Scientific Research TNO, I aim to make work-related stress more ‘unacceptable’ for employers, employees, social partners and policy makers. My projectwork ranges from developing a definition for ‘work stress’ with social partners, to designing an agression prevention tool that makes the primary organizational process safer, till evaluating an intervention on happy and healthy working for employees in vocational education. For the last named project I’m affiliated to VU University Medical Centre Amsterdam and Twente University as a PhD candidate.

One comment